First of all it’s kind weird to write this as if I only write one gratitude list a year.
I usually write one every day.
And then I post a gratitude list every week (“Thankful Thursday”) on my Facebook page.
But I can’t resist another excuse to gush my gratitude, and to invite you to join me in an annual “Thank-off” tradition.
Here’s my list. It could go on forever. And yes, it’s personal.
PLEASE POST YOUR OWN BELOW!
1) 30 years ago I was hit by a car, thrown into a coma, and woke with a severe brain injury and all the headaches/memory problems/sleep problems/learning problems/suicidal depression that came along with it. And homelessness while finishing high school. I am so grateful I survived that period, and for all the gifts of that experience: humility, and appreciation for the fragility of what we take for granted, and the opening up of my intuition.
2) Romantic partnership has been one of my deepest desires since I chased Brian Patterson under the piano on his 5th birthday. And he was the older man. I’m deeply grateful to be with a partner I love, trust and admire.
3) Home environment is really important to me. Every day I’m amazed that I get to live in such a spacious, lovely, romantic house that I fantasized about for 20 years before I moved in.
4) I really appreciate that I live in a location (Southern California, United States) where I can own a business, determine my life, and teach my own materials, free of persecution. In other parts of the world a woman is stoned to death for driving a car or owning a cellphone. Or she is married at 9. I lucked out.
5) Traveling the world with my sweetheart has been a dream of mine for a long time. This year I got to do it. (And we’re still together!)
6) I LOVE my business. It’s ridiculous how much I love my business. Success stories are coming in every day now. It just keeps getting better and better. Low stress, big impact, great income, and happy clients.
7) I love my clients. As I focus more on teaching groups and on offering self-study products, I’m doing very little coaching now. Yet I feel like I have a magical connection with the few people I’m coaching directly, and that feels really, really good. I can’t wait for my Bali retreat in May!
8) At least one of my two crazy, skittish, ungrateful rescue cats will let me near her. (It’s only been 9 months, right?) She’s cuddled next to me now.
9) After having that head injury on November 7, 1983 (30 years ago this month!), I’m really aware of the miracle of being able to read and write and communicate.
11) The Internet. I don’t even know how to run a business without it. And when I’m on the other side of the planet, in Indonesia or Azerbaijan, and I need help… my friends have come through for me. Thanks especially to Facebook.
12) I come from a really smart, creative, crazy family. I’m grateful for the really groovy things that I like (our humor, artistry, geekyness, liberal politics, the creation of the original Renaissance Pleasure Faire in the 60’s) and for the nightmarish stuff that put me on a lifetime path of personal development.
13) My community. Many, many years ago I learned that environment is stronger than willpower. (Thank you, Buckminster Fuller.) I’m surrounded by successful, talented, can-do people… and that puts me in a world where success is normal. In business. In romance. In innovation. In transformation.
14) I’ve checked so much off my bucket list that I’m not sure what goals to set in 2014. I’m staying focused on what matters most: LOVE, LIFESTYLE and LEGACY.
15) And how can I have a gratitude list without mention my relationship with money? My (personified) “Money Honey.” Because that’s where it all began, and that’s where it always goes back to when I’m ready to grow.
MORGANA RAE is an international #1 best selling author, pioneer in personal development, and regarded to be the world’s leading Relationship with Money coach. Morgana’s groundbreaking program for attracting wealth has featured her on ABC-TV, PBS, CNN, NPR, United Press International and The Wall Street Journal online. Learn how to become a Money Magnet with her FREE 4-part video gift series. Fill out your name in the form at the top of the page. (We promise not to share your info!)
Wanna reprint it for your blog or e-zine? Cool! Just post a “written by Morgana Rae” credit, and tell your readers to get my FREE Money Magnet Video Gift at www.morganarae.com. Thanks!